Here we are! 1 year in. It’s been a fun ride so far. It’s so incredibly great to be living together & not commuting anymore. I know my car appreciates it.
We’ve had some adventures. Lot’s of “projects”.
- Finished the deck, railing, & built a self-latching gate for the pool.
- After some harder work, the garden was more of a success this year.
- Added blueberry, raspberry & blackberry bushes, another cherry tree… (found some bees the hard way)
- Turned her bedroom into more of an “us” space. (& I mean, I got to add my desk & shelf.) We bought a really heavy real wood (some might say old or perhaps outdated) oversized headboard system with storage & drawers to help soak up some of the “excess”
- Decorated the front yard with 200% more Christmas lights than last year, which included adding a new GFCI receptacle on the front of the garage.
- Finished upgrading the bathroom with new sink & vanity (thanks for the help KP!)
- Converted 80% of the house to LED bulbs
- Changed out the old thermostat to a Nest Learning Thermostat
- Slowly upgrading receptacles around the house
- Built a sewing workstation countertop & hung shelving for Margo.
- Helped Sam change out all of the original “plastic” wood trim with actual oak doors, trim, & baseboard
- Cleaned out 1/2 of the garage so you can actually get 2 cars in it
- Helped Margo trade in her car & get a better deal on something that suits her needs
Yes, I’m still looking for a job. Nothing has panned out, despite numerous applications & a few interviews.
I foresee a lot more projects this year & I’m glad we get to do them together.